So, one day as I was browsing a consignment store, as I find I enjoy doing often, I came across a tiny pillow.
The words were simple that were scrolled across it, yet, truly spoke to my spirit.
This is what it said:
Nest
nest(n.) 1.a cozy or snug place to live or rest; retreat or shelter.
I loved this! This tiny lil pillow that breathed life into my spirit. My spirit that had been craving a place of refuge for some time. A place where it needed a renewing of fresh peace, tranquility.
During this period of time when I came across this pillow, we had just purchased a gently used ('99 Komfort 24') travel trailer. Our first big purchase for camping.
I tend to give names to things. A vehicle, a motorcycle, etc. So of course, I HAD to give a name to our travel trailer. As you may have guessed by now, it is called "The Nest"
I find myself coming out here a couple of times during the week just to escape the sounds of the house as well as to seek God in prayer. My time in the Bible in here is one with out distractions and feeling the soft breeze coming through the open windows.
Its a place of renewal, peace, clarity, independence and great joy for me. I can play cds or the radio if I chose to. I can take a nap or just read if I like. I feel very blessed that this is a place for me, but more so, a place for my husband and children and grandchildren to get to know.
I sometimes wonder what memories will be made in The Nest? What adventures, places will we find ourselves in within these walls?
I've even wondered, if one day, this would be a permanent home for Jim and I. That we sell our home, and just travel. Seeing loved ones across the country.
For now, The Nest is a place of calmness and an addition to our property for guests to stay in while they visit.
Welcome!
That is pretty awesome!
ReplyDeleteKeep nesting! You live in one of the most beautiful areas of the country to explore. One day we'll meet on the Continental Divide for some s'mores (and COMPLAINING)...you know what I mean.
ReplyDelete